Des Moines, IA / CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS
The Business Analyst will participate in all phases of the systems development lifecycle from Requirements, Design, Development, Testing, and Implementation to meet business needs.
• Creating, presenting and maintaining user stories, acceptance criteria, demo expectations and design documents in DHS defined systems.
• Creating/documenting, tracing, maintaining, prioritizing, and assessing changes to business processes and the associated requirements
• Working closely with key decision makers, systems owners and end users in support of core processes and critical business objectives
• Conducting research to obtain data, analyzing problems to advise and recommend solutions
• Querying and analyzing data to determine solutions, such as installation of alternate methods and procedures, changes in processing methods and practices, or redesign of products or services
• Advising client or department heads on alternate methods of solving needs or problems, and recommending specific solutions
• Working within an agile methodology framework with a focus on delivering value and adjusting rapidly to produce the most effective outcome
• Working closely with all IT organizations and driving projects to successful completion
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of team members, including executives, managers, IT professionals, and subject matter experts
• Experience in process mapping, group facilitation, data gathering and analysis, and phases of project life cycle (requirements gathering, design, development, deployment, training, and measuring effectiveness.)
• Experience delivering software as part of an agile delivery team
• Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
• Experience with requirement gathering software such as Azure DevOps, TFS, JIRA, or RTC.
• Analyze business strategy and user needs, document specifications, and translate business objectives into proper system requirement specifications
• Guide business customers through business case development for new applications/functionality, including cost / benefit analysis and risk / impact analysis
• Understanding of how to deliver value through realizations of benefits, avoidance of cost, identify new opportunities and modernizing the organization
• Focus on continuous improvement for both the business process and the underlying technologies and system support
• Strong ability to decompose complex concepts into smaller tasks while maintaining end-to-end business process focus
• Work closely with other Business Units to identify and deliver Enterprise value
• Experience providing consulting services to governmental entities
• Skilled at consulting with executive-level stakeholders to define business needs or problems